36 21/00093 - Representation, Rights and Advocacy (RRA) Services - procurement of a new service PDF 468 KB
Christy Holden, Head of Strategic Commissioning (Children and Young People’s Services) and Helen Cook, Senior Commissioner were present for this item.
1) Ms Holden introduced the report regarding the procurement of a new service through an open tender for a 3 year contract with two individual 1-year extensions.
2) In response to questions, it was noted:
· The service was statutory so service needed to provide service above cap.
· Work was ongoing with Kent Police around setting ‘appropriate adult’ interviews within certain times. Rather than detaining young people overnight while waiting for an appropriate adult, interviews were to be set during daytime hours.
· Anyone that was arrested by Kent Police was assessed by the sergeant on duty to establish their level of need, as appropriate adults were used for adults as well as young people.
3) RESOLVED to agree the recommendations outlined in the report.