Agenda and draft minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Andrew Tait 03000 416749
To note the appointment of Mr M A Balfour and Mrs L Hurst to the Committee
The Committee noted the appointment of Mr M A C Balfour and Mrs L Hurst.
(a) Committee: 23 January 2018
(b) Mental Health Guardianship Sub-Committee: 19 January 2018 (To Note)
(c) Member Panel: 23 January 2018
28 March 2018
(a) the Minutes of the Committee meeting held on 23 January 2018 and the Minutes of the Member Panel meetings on 23 January 2018 and 28 March 2018 are correctly recorded and that they be signed by the Chairman; and
(b) the draft Minutes of the mental Health Guardianship Sub-Committee meeting held on 19 January 2018 be noted.
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group gave an update on planning enforcement and monitoring work carried out since the Committee meeting on 23 January 2018.
(2) The Chairman informed the Committee that he had arranged a meeting with the Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Growth, Environment and Transportation in respect of the Committee’s request for him to seek to secure additional resources for the Planning Enforcement Team. He would report on the outcome to the next Committee meeting.
(3) RESOLVED that the actions taken or contemplated in the report be noted and endorsed.
(Open Access to Minutes)
(Members resolved under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 that the public be excluded for the following business on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 5 and 6 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.)
Update on Planning Enforcement cases
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group and the Team Leader - Planning Enforcement gave an update on unauthorised planning enforcement matters setting out actions taken or contemplated at Ashford Waste Water Treatment Works, Bybrook, Ashford; Casa Amica, Bilsington, Ashford; Hawthorn Cottages, Herne Bay; Wilmington Academy; Wentworth Primary School, Dartford; Roman Road, Dover; Downs Road, Studdal; Stockham Lane, Selsted; Fleetmix Ltd, Northfleet; London Road, Gravesend; Stockbury Valley, Stockbury; Water Lane/Moat Road, Headcorn; Little Neverend farm, Ulcombe; Lested Farm, Chart Sutton; Thirwell Farm, Hernhill; Oare Creek, Faversham; White Leaf Riding Stables, Teynham; Three Lakes Caravan Park, Murston; Corio Road, Wateringbury; and Spratling Court Farm, Manston.
(2) The recommendation in respect of Site 07 Downs Road, Studdal was amended to the maintenance of a watching brief by KCC Highways Enforcement together with reports on any further developments.
(3) RESOLVED that:-
(a) subject to (2) above, the enforcement strategies outlined in paragraphs 4 to 20 of the report and in the Schedule attached to the report be endorsed; and
(b) the letter from Highway Operations Enforcement in respect of Site 07 Downs Road, Studdal be noted as set out at Appendix 2 of the report.