Venue: Wantsum Room, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Denise Fitch 03000 416090
To note that Mr Lake has replaced Mr Simmonds as a Member of this Committee
The Committee noted that Mr Lake had replaced the late Mr Simmonds as a Member of this Committee.
Declarations of Interests by Members in items on the Agenda for this meeting.
Dr Sullivan declared her Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, as her husband is employed by the County Council in the Early Help and Prevention Team. There were no specific items on this agenda that would require her to withdraw from the meeting or decision making.
(1) Mrs Beer updated the Committee on discussions that she and the Cabinet Member for Corporate and Democratic Services were holding with Unison as agreed at the June meeting of the Committee (minute no 52) relating to the start date for the new leave provision. The Committee noted the current situation and that an update would be given at the November meeting of the Committee.
(2) RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on 12 June 2018 are correctly recorded and that they be signed by the Chairman as a correct record.
Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Committee will be held on 13 November 2018 at 2.30pm.
It was noted that the next meeting of the Committee would be held on 13 November 2018.
Meeting dates - 2019/20
To note the dates of the meetings of the Committee in 2019/20 – all Meetings will start at 2.00pm and be held in the Wantsum Room
24 January 2019
14 March 2019
4 June 2019
12 November 2019
30 January 2020
12 March 2020
The Committee noted the following dates for their meetings in 2019/20. All meetings would start at 2.00pm and be held in the Wantsum Room:
24 January 2019, 14 March 2019, 4 June 2019, 12 November 2019
30 January 2020, 12 March 2020.
Exclusion of the Press and Public
RESOLVED that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraph 1 of part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
RESOLVED that under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 the press and public be excluded from the meeting for the following item of business on the grounds that it involves the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 1 and 2 of part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.
Proposed changes to Top Tier posts in Adult Social Care and Health Directorate
(Ms Southern, Corporate Director of Adult Social Care was present for this item)
(1) Mrs Beer and Ms Southern introduced a paper which set out proposed changes to the Adult Social Care and Health (ASCH) Directorate senior structure to implement and sustain new operating models to redistribute current activities in ASCH. The proposal included the creation of two new Director roles to deliver statutory duties and Partnership working relating to wider responsibilities within the Kent and Medway Sustainable Transformation Partnership.
(2) Mrs Beer and Ms Southern answered questions of detail about the proposals, including the confirming the requirement for the change to the Top Tier structure for Adult Social Care and Health Directorate to be approved by County Council
(3) As the Committee were minded to recommend the approval of the new Structure to County Council for approval, consideration was given to the appointment of Mrs Tidmarsh, currently Director of Older Persons and Physical Disability, to the proposed post of Director ASCH – Partnerships, subject to the approval of the new Structure by the County Council. It was intended that there would be a recruitment process for the Director ASCH – Organisations.
(4) Assuming that the new structure was approved by the County Council and the post of Director ASCH – Partnership was filled it was agreed that the new Director would be invited to meet with the Committee and set out her approach to her new role.
(1) RESOLVED that:
(a) the changes to the Director ASCH roles as outlined in section 3 above be approved for recommendation to the County Council for decision on 18th October 2018.
(b) subject to the approval of the Director ASCH roles by the County Council on 18th October 2018, internal and external recruitment to the post of Director ASCH - Operations on a substantive basis be commenced.
(c) the new ASCH structure, as set out in Appendix 3 to the report was noted.
(d) subject to the revised top tier structure for ASCH being approved by County Council on 18 October, Mrs Tidmarsh be appointed to the post of Director ASCH – Partnerships without recourse to a Member Panel.