Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Business Strategy, Performance & Health Reform
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approval for the development and implementation of the New Work
Spaces strategy. This includes agreeing the overarching strategy,
the principles of key office locations and consequential
consolidation, and rationalisation that can be achieved.
New Work Spaces links in with other corporate programmes such as ICT’s Unified Communications project, Customer Care Channel Shift and KCC’s Organisational Development Plan.
Impact/costs and risks of proposed decision
The decision facilitates the continued delivery of Change to Keep Succeeding by:
1. ensuring that our working practices are in line with the needs of our workforce;
2. ensuring that accommodation is fit for purpose and provides the right environment for staff;
effective use of the estate and allowing rationalisation of the
current core office estate.
· The programme will significantly contribute to the £10 million reduction in property running costs required by 2014/2015.
· May impact on the location of staff.
· May require changes to working practices.
As Cabinet Member for Business Strategy, Performance and Health Reform, I agree to the adoption of the New Work Spaces Strategy detailed in the attached report, which is to progress to detailed feasibility and finalised proposals to enable freehold office provision in West and Mid-Kent. The feasibility will include the development of robust property business cases for capital build costs funding streams risk analysis, site acquisition terms and detailed programme.
Publication date: 04/02/2013
Date of decision: 24/01/2013
Effective from: 12/02/2013