Council and Governance/Regulation Committees
The Full County Council agrees the Budget, the Constitution and the Plans and Strategies that form the Policy Framework. The Council appoints other governance and regulatory committees to discharge functions that are not the responsibility of the Cabinet.
- County Council
- Electoral and Boundary Review Committee
- Governance and Audit Committee
- Governance and Audit Committee Trading Activities Sub - Committee
- Governor Appointments Panel
- Kent Flood Risk Management Committee
- Member Appointment Panel
- Personnel Committee
- Planning Applications Committee
- Regulation Committee
- Regulation Committee Appeal Panel (Transport)
- Regulation Committee Member Panel
- Selection and Member Services Committee
- Standards Committee
- Superannuation Fund Committee
The Leader with the Cabinet Members comprises the Executive and are responsible for all the Council functions that are not the responsibility of any other part of the Council, whether by law or through the Councils Constitution.
Cabinet Committees are advisory committees of the Cabinet. Each Cabinet Committee is able to consider and make recommendations on the functions of the Council that are the responsibility of the Cabinet Member(s) for matters within the Committees remit. They also consider and either endorse or make recommendations on statutory Key and significant decisions to be taken by the Cabinet Members either collectively or individually.
- Adult Social Care Cabinet Committee
- Children's, Young People and Education Cabinet Committee
- Environment & Transport Cabinet Committee
- Growth, Economic Development and Communities Cabinet Committee
- Health Reform and Public Health Cabinet Committee
- Policy and Resources Cabinet Committee
- Property Sub-Committee
The Scrutiny Committee investigates issues affecting Kent County Council and Kent residents and makes recommendations to support the improvement of council services.
- Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Kent and Medway NHS Joint Overview and Scrutiny Committee
- Kent Utilities Engagement Sub-Committee
- Scrutiny Committee
The Select Committee work programme is set by the Scrutiny Committee and endorsed by the Cabinet.
- Select Committee - Bus Transport and Public Subsidy
- Select Committee - Grammar Schools and Social Mobility
- Select Committee - Pupil Premium