Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A one-year extension to the current Child and Young People Mental Health Service for Children in Care and Young Healthy Minds contracts to enable the completion and implementation of a new service model for children and adolescent emotional wellbeing.
The decision relates to Corporate Objectives and is linked with the development of an Emotional Wellbeing Strategy -“The Way Ahead”. The Strategy forms a key part of the Council’s Health & Wellbeing Board’s response to two of its overarching outcomes:
· To ensure that every child has the best start in life
· That people with mental health issues are supported to live well
Financial Implications: The value of the children in care element of the service is £1m per annum. The funding for the emotional wellbeing service is £1.1m, £882k of which is from the Public Health and £302k from the CCGs.
The KCC funding is in the agreed budget.
Legal Implications: These are both three year contracts with an option to extend.
Equality Implications: None
Is the matter referred to in the Directorate’s Business Plan or Medium Term Capital Programme? Part of ongoing work with NHS.
As Cabinet Member for Specialist Children’s Services, I:
1) NOTE that the Clinical Commissioning Groups have already agreed to extend the contract for the mainstream Children and Young People Mental Health Service.
2) AGREE to extend the contracts for the Children in Care element of the Children and Young People Mental Health Service and for the Emotional Wellbeing Services for a year.
3) DELEGATE to the Corporate Director for Social Care, Health & Wellbeing, or other suitable officer, responsibility to implement this decision, including engaging with Service Providers to update the specifications to reflect feedback from practitioners and young people.
Publication date: 27/02/2015
Date of decision: 27/02/2015
Effective from: 07/03/2015