Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The decision to approve an Active Travel Strategy for Kent County Council will strongly support a number of KCC’s strategic outcomes.
1. Children and young people in Kent get the best start in life:
· Kent young people are confident and ambitious with choices and access to work, education and training opportunities.
2. Kent communities feel the benefits of economic growth by being in-work, healthy and enjoying a good quality of life:
· Physical and mental health is improved by supporting people to take more responsibility for their own health and wellbeing,
· We support well planned housing growth so Kent residents can live in the home of their choice,
· Kent’s physical and natural environment is protected, enhanced and enjoyed by residents and visitors
3. Older and vulnerable residents are safe and supported with choices to live independently:
· Older and vulnerable residents feel socially included.
The strategy also relates to the Local Transport Plan for Kent 2011-2016 ‘A Safer and Healthier County’ objective.
In terms of Facing the Challenge, this strategy will act as a commissioning document that will both guide and inform the evaluation of future commissions.
The Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport has agreed to approve a public consultation for Active Travel Strategy.
Publication date: 10/05/2016
Date of decision: 10/05/2016
Effective from: 18/05/2016