Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Integrated Children's Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Proposed decision – To award a contract to Liquidlogic for 7 (5+1+1) years for the provision of case management systems within Integrated Children’s Services and Disabled Children’s Services
• Reason for the decision
- The contract end date of the current contract is March 2021, so a new contract needs to be in place for April 2021.
- It is recommended that Kent reprocures Liquidlogic’s systems for Integrated Children’s Services and Disabled Children’s Services with a contract end date aligned to the system used in Adults (to support a coordinated approach to future contract awards), and continues to host the system internally, but moves the hosting to the Microsoft Azure cloud, in line with KCC’s cloud-first ICT strategy.
- Re-procuring with Liquidlogic ensures ongoing system functionality and stability, which supports Kent to fulfil its statutory safeguarding duties.
• Background – Provide brief additional context
- Liquidlogic’s LCS system (named Liberi in Kent), was implemented in 2013 and went live in December 2013. The Liquidlogic suite has been added to extensively over the last six years and is used across all of children’s social care, intensive early help, and disabled children’s services. It is well established and well used.
• Options (other options considered but discarded)
- External hosting by the supplier was considered but discarded on the basis of risk and cost
As Cabinet Member for Integrated Children’s Services, I agree to:
I. award a contract to Liquidlogic for 7 (5+1+1) years for the provision of case management systems within Integrated Children’s Services and Disabled Children’s Services, attached as appendix A
II. Delegate authority to the Corporate Director for Children, Young People and Education, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, to take relevant actions, as necessary to implement this decision.
Publication date: 29/01/2021
Date of decision: 29/01/2021
Effective from: 06/02/2021