Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Agree the creation of the ‘Reconnect: Kent Children and Young People Programme’;
2. Confirm that this decision establishes the Programme via formal governance to ensure transparency, evidence a clear intention to deliver in the future and allow appropriate preparatory work to be undertaken, prior to a further key decision where scope, objectives, outcomes and funding for the full project may be confirmed;
3. Delegate authority to the Corporate Director for Children, Young People and Education, in consultation with the Leader and the Cabinet Members for Integrated Children’s Services and Education and Skills, to take necessary actions, including but not limited to, entering into relevant contracts or other legal agreements, as required to establish the Programme and undertake relevant preparatory work within normal delegated spend thresholds;
4. Approve acceptance of the £5.3m specific grant funding from the Department for Education to deliver the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme and confirm that this will be an integral part of the Reconnect: Kent Children and Young People Programme;
5. Delegate authority to the Corporate Director, Children, Young People and Education to develop a funding framework, and manage and deploy the accepted HAF funding, in accordance with the grant conditions and arrangements detailed in the relevant appendix of this report.
6. Agree that full implementation of the Programme will be subject to a future Key Decision which will confirm;
i. The detailed scope, objectives and measurable outcomes of the
ii. The full funding allocation.
iii. Monitoring arrangements for delivery of outcomes and spend.
iv. Delegated spend arrangements via an appropriate framework.
v. General delegations as required to allow for effective implementation of
7. Note any comments or other input from non-Executive Members consulted as part of this decision.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 17/03/2021
Date of decision: 15/03/2021
Effective from: 25/03/2021