Katherine Atkinson (Assistant Director of Management Information and Intelligence)was in attendance for this item.
1) Ms Atkinson introduced the report for the SIMS Contract for Local Authority Maintained Schools and said that it was the most cost effective and non-disruptive solution for schools.
2) In response to questions and comments, it was noted:
· As part of stakeholder engagement, schools had been consulted and most responses were from primary schools. It was confirmed that only maintained schools were able to vote on issues relating to maintained schools. The feedback had indicated that schools were happy using SIMS for their returns.
· Members raised concerns around data loss and system migration. There was a rigorous programme of ‘back ups’ managed by Cantium and work was being done to consolidate ICT systems across the Children’s directorate and to ensure systems were joined up.
3) RESOLVED to note the report.