Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Andrew Tait 03000 416749
Election of Vice-Chairman
(1) The Chairman moved, seconded by Mr K Gregory that Mr S C Manion be elected Vice-Chairman of the Committee.
Carried with no opposition
(2) RESOLVED that Mr S C Manion be elected Vice-Chairman of the Committee.
(1) RESOLVED that the Terms of Reference be noted together with the future meeting dates on
Thursday, 28 September 2017 and
Tuesday, 23 January 2018.
(a) Committee: 24 January 2017;
15 February 2017;
25 May 2017
(b) Member Panel: 1 March 2017
(c) Mental Health Guardianship Sub-Committee
(a) the Minutes of the Committee meetings held on 24 January 2017, 15 February 2017 and 25 May 2017 are correctly recorded and that they be signed by the Chairman;
(b) the Minutes of the member Panel meeting held on 1 March 2017 are correctly recorded and that they be signed by the Chairman; and
(c) the draft Minutes of the Mental Health Guardianship Sub-Committee meeting of 31 January 2017 be noted.
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group gave an update on planning enforcement matters since the Committee meeting on 24 January 2017. This included the issues at Water Lane/Moat Road in Headcorn which the Committee had considered at its special meeting on 15 February 2017. She drew the Committee’s attention to the completed restoration of Larkey Wood in Chartham.
(2) RESOLVED that the actions taken or contemplated in the report be noted and endorsed.
(Open Access to Minutes)
(Members resolved under Section 100A of the Local Government Act 1972 that the public be excluded for the following business on the grounds that it involved the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in paragraphs 5 an d6 of Part 1 of Schedule 12A of the Act.)
Update on Planning Enforcement cases
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group and the Team Leader – Planning Enforcement gave an update on unauthorised planning enforcement matters, setting out actions taken or contemplated at Ashford Waste Water Treatment Works, Ashford; Larkey Wood, Chartham; Hoath Primary School; Dartford Technology College; Wilmington Academy; Wentworth Primary School; Roman Road, Dover; Aylesham Road, Dover; Downs Road, Studdal; Stockbury Valley; Water Lane/Moat Road, Headcorn; Crockenhill, Sevenoaks; “Pit Stop Café”, Dargate; Thirwell Farm, Hernhill; Oare Creek, Faversham, Willow Farm, Faversham; White Leaf Riding Stables, Teynham; Newington Industrial Estate; Spratling Court Farm, Manston; and Blaise Farm Quarry, Kings Hill.
(2) During discussion of this item, the Committee decided that it would not remove Dartford Technology or Dover Road, Studdal from the schedules.
(3) The Committee agreed that the Chairman of the Committee and of the Planning Applications Committee should arrange a meeting with the Director of Infrastructure in respect of the implications of the alleged breaches at Hoath Primary School, Wilmington Academy and Wentworth Primary School, Dartford.
(4) RESOLVED that:-
(a) subject to (2) above, the enforcement strategies outlined in paragraphs 3 to 12 of the report and its appended schedule; and
(b) the Chairman of the Committee and of the Planning Applications Committee be requested to discuss the implications of the alleged breach at Hoath Primary School, Wilmington Academy and Wentworth Primary School, Dartford with the Director of Infrastructure.