Contact: Joel Cook 03000 416892
Note: In response to COVID-19, the Government has legislated to permit remote attendance by Elected Members at formal meetings. This is conditional on other Elected Members and the public being able to hear those participating in the meeting. This meeting will be accessible online and can be watched via the Media link on the Webpage for this meeting.
1. The report was introduced by Ms Adam (Legal and Governance Officer), who advised the Committee that the report contained three main parts and related recommendations;
- Formally reporting to the Committee that the 2019/20 fees were uplifted to meet the Foundation Living Wage.
- Asking the Committee to retrospectively confirm the uplift to the scale of fees for 2020/21.
- Asking the Committee to approve the 2021/22 scale of fees in line with the rate agreed by Budget County Council.
2. The Committee considered the report and the relevant recommendations.
RESOLVED that the Electoral and Boundary Review Committee;
a) note the use of urgent delegation provisions to additionally uplift Item
17 (For each Poll Clerk at the Polling Station) on the County Scale of
Fees and Expenses for 2019/20 in order to meet the Foundation Living Wage;
b) approve retrospectively the County Scale of Election Fees and Expenses for 2020/21;
c) approve and delegate to the County Returning Officer the uplifting of the County Scale of Election Fees and Expenses for 2021/22 by the percentage pay increase, if any, awarded to most Kent Scheme staff as part of the agreed 2021/22 Budget of Kent County Council; and
d) authorise the Monitoring Officer to implement the uplift following the
agreement of the Kent County Council budget for 2021/22.