Venue: Stour Room, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Denise Fitch/Gaetano Romagnuolo 03000 416090/ 416624
Election of Chairman
(1) Mr Bowles proposed and Mr Lymer seconded that Mr Marsh be elected Chairman of the Select Committee.
(2) RESOLVED that Mr Marsh be elected Chairman of the Select Committee.
(1) The Committee considered a report on the terms of reference, scope, potential witnesses and timescale for the review.
(2) Members had a free ranging discussion on the scope of the review and potential witnesses.
(3) In relation to the witnesses to be called, there was general agreement that a representative from the Traffic Commissioners, and the former Commercial Services Director should be invited to give evidence to the Committee. It was noted that the attendance of none KCC witnesses was subject to their agreement and availability.
(4) Mr Romagnuolo undertook to provide Member of the Committee with briefing notes during the course of the review.
(5) Ms Philips emphasised that the research resource for the review was Mr Romagnuolo and that therefore the Select Committees work programme should reflect the available research resource.
(6) RESOLVED that
· the terms of reference (copy attached as an appendix to the minutes) be approved and
· the general approach to the review, including the suggested witnesses and time table, as set out in the report be approved with the addition of the witnesses suggested in paragraph (3) above.