Venue: Wantsum Room, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Gaetano Romagnuolo 03000 416624
(1) The Committee considered the final draft of their report, which incorporated the amendments previously made by the Committee.
(2) The forward path for this report was confirmed as CMM on 4 March for noting and County Council on 21 March for endorsement.
(3) Members discussed the Loneliness and Social Isolation Panel and how it would be implemented along with it its membership. Some Members felt the Panel should sit as a sub-committee under the Scrutiny Committee. Members of the Select Committee voiced their desire to continue their involvement by sitting on the Panel.
(4) Members reiterated the importance of Recommendation 1, regarding further investigation into the prevention or reduction of loneliness and social isolation amongst wider groups of people who were likely to be impacted.
(5) The Chairman commended the Committee for the work they had achieved and also thanked the officers for their support to the Committee.
(6) RESOLVED that the Select Committee’s report, circulated with the agenda, be approved as the final version, subject to a minor amendment to the layout on page 11, and that it be submitted to CMM for noting and County Council for endorsement.