Venue: Council Chamber, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Andrew Tait 03000 416749
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting held on 16 January 2019 are correctly recorded an that they be signed by the Chairman.
Application TM/18/1924 (KCC/TM/0443/2018) - 1FE expansion involving an extension to an existing building, new multi-use games areas, new "exit only" footpath link to Mabledon Road, 14 additional car parking spaces and landscaping works at The Judd School, Brook Street, Tonbridge; KCC Property and Infrastructure Support PDF 2 MB
(1) Mr M D Payne informed the Committee that although he was the Local Member for the proposal, he had neither discussed it with his constituents and was able to approach its determination with an open mind.
(2) Mr R L H Long was present for this item pursuant to Committee Procedure Rule 2.27 and spoke.
(3) Mr Daniel Alexander and Mr Paul Smith addressed the Committee on behalf of Mabledon Road Residents in opposition to the proposal. Mr Indy Shokar (Resolution Planning) and Mr Jonathan Wood (Head Teacher of Judd School) spoke in reply.
(4) The Committee decided to amend the recommendation to specify that the updated Travel Plan was to be approved before occupation of the extended building.
(5) On being put to the vote, the recommendations of the Head of Planning Applications Group as amended in (4) above were carried by 8 votes to 3 with 1 abstention.
(6) RESOLVED thatthe applicationbe referred tothe Secretaryof State forHousing, Communities and Local Government onSport Englandgrounds and thatsubject to his decision :-
(a) permission be granted to the application subject to conditions,including conditionscovering the standard3 yeartime limitfor implementation; thedevelopment beingcarried outin accordancewith thepermitteddetails; the developmentbeing carriedout usingexternal materialsand colourfinishes asspecified withinthe planningapplicationdocuments to match thoseexisting, unless otherwise agreed; thesubmission of a schemeof landscaping,including therelocation ofthe garden area that would be lost to create the additional car parking, soft landscaping,and anyadditional hardsurfacing; the submission of a precautionary mitigation strategy for reptilesand an enhancementplan, priorto thecommencement ofthe development; the submission and approvalof an updated Travel Plan prior to occupation,to includereference tothe pedestrianexit gateontoMabledonRoad and anassessment ofits effectiveness insplittingpedestrian trafficon routeto Tonbridge TrainStation; the provisionand retentionof 14car parkingspaces; the gateonto MabledonRoad only being used as a pedestrianexit forThe Judd Schoolpupils andonly being unlocked between 3.45pmand 4.15pmon school days during term time unless otherwise approved in writing by the County PlanningAuthority; nofloodlighting beinginstalled onthe MUGAs; hoursof workingduring constructionand demolitionbeing restrictedto between the hours of 0800and 1800on Mondays toFridays andbetween thehours of0900 and1300 on Saturdays,with nooperations onSundays andBank Holidays; and thesubmission andapproval ofa constructionmanagement strategyprior tothe commencement of thedevelopment, includingdetails ofthe locationof site compoundsand operative/visitors’ parking,details ofsite securityand safety measures, lorrywaiting andwheel washing facilities, details ofhow thesite access ... view the full minutes text for item 10.
Application DO/18/01015 (KCC/DO/0446/208) - Classroom extension to replace a timber mobile at Kingsdown and Ringwould Primary School, Glen Road, Kingsdown, Deal; KCC Property and Infrastructure Support PDF 645 KB
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group reported correspondence from the Local Member, Mr S C Manion in support of the application.
(2) In unanimously agreeing the recommendations of the Head of Planning Applications Group, the Committee added an Informative that the applicants should take the opportunity to explore renewable energy options for the application.
(a) permission be granted to the application subject to conditions, including conditionscovering the standard threeyeartime limit; the developmentbeing carried outin accordance with the permitted details; the submission and approval of an updated Travel Plan prior to occupation; and the submission and approval ofa Construction ManagementPlan; and
(b) the applicants be advised by Informative that:-
(i) nofurnituremaybe erectedon oracross PublicRightsof Waywithouttheexpress consentof HighwayAuthority;
(ii) theremustbe nodisturbanceof thesurfaceof therightof way,or obstructionof its use,eitherduringor followingany approveddevelopmentwithout the express consentof the HighwayAuthority;
(iii) no hedgingor shrubsshouldbe plantedwith1.5 metresof theedgeof thepublic paths; and
(iv) they should take the opportunity to explore renewable energy options for the application.
(1) RESOLVED to note matters dealt with under delegated powers since the last meeting relating to:-
(a) County matter applications;
(b) County Council developments;
(c) Screening Opinions under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017; and
(d) Scoping Opinions under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2017 (None).