(1) The General Counsel reported that, having considered the articles provided by Rochester Bridge Trust, he was now able to advise that the Committee could appoint a non – Member as the County Council’s representative.
(2) The Democratic Services Officer reported that the North Kent AONB JAC had agreed to the County Council having two representatives.
(3) The Committee noted that the Museum of Kent Life Trust and the Swale Rural Forum no longer existed.
(4) The Committee asked the General Counsel to investigate whether it was permissible to appoint a non- Member to the John Wallis CE Academy. If so, it would wish the General Counsel to appoint Mr Dara Farrell.
(5) The Committee agreed that any outstanding appointments would be made by the General Counsel following consultation with the political Groups.
(6) The Committee either made or confirmed the following appointments:-
- ACCESS Joint Committee: Mr C Simkins
- Action for Communities in Rural Kent (ACRK) Community Halls Committee: Mr B J Sweetland
- ACRK Community Rail Partnership Steering Group: Mr D L Brazier, Mr D Watkins and Mr J Wright
- ACRK Management Committee: Mr C Simkins
- Gatwick Airport Consultative Committee: Mr D L Brazier (Mr D Watkins – substitute)
- High Weald AONB: Mr T Hills
- Hugh and Montague Leney Award Trust: Mr S C Manion
- Kent Association of Local Councils: Mr H Rayner
- Kent Big Society Investment Panel: Mr M Hill, Mrs S V Hohler (1 vacancy to be filled by an Opposition Group)
- Kent County Playing Fields Association: Mr B J Sweetland
- Kent Downs AONB: Mr H Rayner and Miss S C Carey.
- Kent International Airport Consultative Committee: Mr R A Marsh
- Kent Music Board of Directors: Mrs S V Hohler and Mrs S Hamilton
- LGA Coastal Issues Special Interest Group: Mr T Hills
- LGA County Councils Network: Mr R W Gough, Mr P J Oakford, Dr L Sullivan, Mr A Hook
- LGA Children and Young Persons Board: Mr R W Gough
- LGA General Assembly: Mr R W Gough (12 votes), Mr P J Oakford (2 vacancies to be filled by the Opposition Groups)
- LGA Public Transport Consortium: Mr D L Brazier (1 vacancy to be fille by the Opposition Groups)
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust: Mr J Wright
- Rochester Airport Consultative Committee: Mr R A Marsh
- Rochester Bridge Trust: Mrs S V Hohler and Mr M A C Balfour
- Environment Agency Southern Regional Flood and Coastal Committee: Mr T Hills, Mr N J Collor, Mrs L Parfitt-Reid
- South East Employers: Mr R Love, Mr B J Sweetland (1 vacancy to be filled by the Opposition Groups)
- Aylesham and District Community Workshop Trust: Mr S C Manion
- Bensted’s Charity: Mr A Hook and Mr R Lehmann
- Biggin Hill Airport Consultative Committee: Mr N J D Chard
- Dover Roman Painted Homes: Mr N J Collor
- Duke of York Military School: Mr N J Collor
- Dungeness Local Community Liaison Council: Mr T Hills
- Gabriel Richards Charity: (1 Local Member vacancy)
- Headcorn Aerodrome Consultative Committee: Mr R A Marsh
- Industrial Communities Alliance: Mr S C Manion
- Lydd Airport Consultative Committee: Mr T Hills
- Red Hill Trust: (1 vacancy)
- Robert Thompson Charities: Mr R Love
- Romney Marsh Visitor Centre: Mr T Hills
- Sandwich and Pegwell Bay National Nature Reserve Steering Group: (1 Local Member vacancy)
- Swale District Advisory Board: Mr A Booth
- John Wallis CE Academy: (1 Local Member vacancy)
- Vinters Valley Park Trust: Mr G Cooke
- Yalding Educational Foundation: Mr N Arthur
(7) RESOLVED that:-
(a) the appointments in (6) above be made or confirmed as appropriate;
(b) the appointments to outstanding vacancies be delegated to the General Counsel in consultation with the Political Groups; and
(c) The appointments made by the Leader be reported in due course.