To seek authority to spend in excess of £1m for the development of a Customer Relationship Management System.
The development of the system will help to meet the objectives of the following corporate policies;
§Facing the Challenge
§Bold Steps for Kent
§Customer Service Strategy
This will specifically focus on the following aims;
· ‘Once and done’ ensuring that we use and re-use information already supplied by the customer during previous transactions thus reducing repeat transactions
· CRM supports online transactions ensuring customers can self-serve fully via the web at a fraction of the cost of phone or face to face
· CRM delivers convenient and consistent access across all contact channels ensuring that there is one version of the truth, establishing a quality standard for customer service.
· Handling and controlling current and future demand, anticipating trends and providing an overview to inform demand management and resource planning.
· Creation of a Single Customer Record to directly support customer self-service
· Developing customer engagement through insight; targeting service information relevant to specific customers groups at key times
· Creation of one common solution to be used across the whole authority
The financial implications are set out in the business case for the CRM system which has been taken to and agreed by Customer Service Board, Corporate Management Team, Budget Programme Board, Procurement Board, Project Advisory Group and now requires Member authorisation to spend.
Legal Implications: None known at this stage
An equality impact assessment has been completed for the first product to be delivered (Creation of the single Customer Record). This has been has been approved by the Diversity and Equalities Team, Head of Service and Divisional Management Team.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings of more than £1m;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Division affected: (All Division);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 02/12/2013
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Explanation of anticipated restriction:
We are currently in an evaluation period of tender responses. This should remain exempt until a preferred partner has been identified as per procurement guidelines.
Department: Customer & Communities Directorate
Contact: Des Crilley, Director of Community Cultural Services Tel: 01622 696630 Tel: 01622 694423 Email: email@example.com Tel: 01622 696630, Jane Kendal, Head of Customer Services Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01622 694423.
The decision will be discussed at Communities
Cabinet Committee on 17 December 2013.
Financial implications: Lead Officer: Head of Service - Customer Relationship Customer & Communities Tel: 01622 694423 Lead Director: Director of Customer Services Customer & Communities Tel: 01622 696630
Legal implications: 13/00086