This decision will be taken in two parts. Part 1 has been approved and implemented – to issue the public notice. Part 2, key decision to allocate funds, will be taken following completion of the statutory FED publication period.
It is proposed to enlarge Broomhill Bank School by 56 places increasing the designated number of places to 136 for the September 2014.
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings of more than £1m;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Division affected: Tunbridge Wells West;
Notice of proposed decision first published: 01/04/2014
Department: Education & Young People's Services
Contact: Jared Nehra, Area Education Officer - West Kent 01732 525 330 and 01622 694174 Email: email@example.com, Kevin Shovelton, Director Education Planning & Access Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Education Cabinet Committee: 27 September 2013.
· Education Cabinet Committee: 14 March 2014.
· Public Consultation - Held between 10 January 2014 and 26 February 2014.
· Public meeting was held on 21 January 2014 and a drop-in information session for parents was held on 6 February 2014.
· Headteacher and Governing Body
· Local Member for Tunbridge Wells, West: John Davies
· Local Member of Parliament, Rt Hon Greg Clark MP
· Area Education Officer
Financial implications: Jared Nehra, Area Education Officer - West Kent 01732 525330 Jared.email@example.com Kevin Shovelton, Director of Education Planning and Access 01622 694174 Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal implications: 14/00042(a) and 14/00042(b)
Equalities implications: Allocate £1.75 million from Targeted Basic Need budget and £250,000 from the Basic Need budget