1. To expand Deal Parochial CE Primary School by 1FE;
2. To authorise the Director of Infrastructure, in consultation with the General Counsel, to enter into any necessary contracts/ agreements on behalf of the County Council;
3. To authorise the Director of Infrastructure to be the nominated Authority Representative within the relevant agreements and to enter into variations as envisaged under the contracts. Variations to contract value to be no more than 10% above the capital funding agreed by the Cabinet Member without requiring a new Record Of Decision: and
4. To authorise the Corporate Director - Education and Young People's Services to issue a Public Notice to expand the school.
How the proposed decision meets the objectives of ‘Increasing Opportunities, Improving Outcomes: Kent County Council’s Strategic Statement (2015-2020)’.
The project is in line with Kent strategies and in particular the following Supporting Outcomes:
· Kent’s communities are resilient and provide strong and safe environments to successfully raise children and young people
· The attainment gap between disadvantaged young people and their peers continues to close
· All children and young people are engaged, thrive and achieve their potential through academic and vocational education
· Kent young people are confident and ambitious with choices and access to work, education and training opportunities
Is the matter referred to in your Business Plan or Medium Term Capital Programme?
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 08/02/2017
Department: Education & Young People's Services
Contact: David Adams, Director of Education 03000 414989 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01233 898559.
The expansion is highlighted in the Commissioning Plan for Education Provision In Kent 2016-2020. This document was discussed at Education & Young People’s Services Cabinet Committee on 15 December 2015 and was endorsed by the Cabinet Committee on the 21 March 2016.
The proposed decision will be discussed by the Education and Young People’s Services Cabinet Committee on 30 March 2017 and the outcome of that meeting included in the decision paperwork which the Cabinet Member will be asked to sign.
Other consultation planned or undertaken:
The school held an Education Consultation on the proposed enlargement in September 2016. A pre-planning consultation was held in the Autumn of 2016.
Which Members and electoral Divisions are affected by this proposed decision?
Cllr Eileen Rowbotham (Deal)
Cllr Mike Eddy (Deal)
Financial implications: The costs to this project will be outlined in the report that will be considered by the Education and Young People’s Services Cabinet Committee.
Legal implications: Any legal implications will be explained in the report to the Cabinet Member prior to him taking his decision.
Equalities implications: An Equality Impact Assessment will be produced before the start of the consultation process and will be accessible on line via the following link: www.kent.gov.uk/schoolconsultations