Agenda and minutes
Venue: Council Chamber, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone. View directions
Contact: Andrew Tait 03000 416749
RESOLVED that the Minutes of the meeting held on 18 January 2017 are correctly recorded and that they be signed by the Chairman.
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group introduced a report on the training that had been provided to Members since the Local Government elections in May 2013. She asked for comments from Members to help facilitate the development of the training programme for future Members and Substitutes of the Committee following the elections in May 2017.
(2) The Committee noted that the Training Day in October 2014 had taken place at Trosley Country Park and that there had also been a session on School Design and Renewables in 2015.
(3) Committee Members commented favourably on the overall programme. They agreed that full training should be mandatory for all Members of the Committee and nominated Substitutes, even if they had received training as District Councillors, and suggested that:
(a) the initial Induction could be held over a period of 11/2 days instead of the concentrated training that had taken place on a single day in 2013;
(b) a site tour of permitted developments should take place early in the lifetime of the new Council;
(c) topics covered should include Transport, Public Rights of Way; Probity (Including predetermination and bias); Conditions and Informatives; “Grey areas and Judgement issues”;
(d) contributions from Statutory Consultees such as the Environment Agency and Sport England, the KCC Flood Risk Project Officer, the County Archaeological Officer, and the KCC Travel Plan Officer would aid understanding of their roles; and
(e) the need for planning training should be included in the Members’ Personal Development Plans and set out in the Constitution; and
(f) early advance notice of training should be sent to nominated substitutes and, if appropriate, all Members of the Council;
(4) RESOLVED that the views of Committee Members expressed in (3) above be noted to help facilitate the development of the training programme for future Members and Substitutes of the Committee following the Local Government elections in May 2017.
(1) The Head of Planning Applications Group introduced the report which set out the letter from the Chairman to the Secretary of State and the content of the response from the Minister of State for Housing and Planning.
(2) RESOLVED that:-
(a) the response to the Chairman’s letter from the Minister of State for Housing and Planning be noted; and
(b) the Head of Planning Applications Group be supported in her aim of seeking a meeting with Sport England to discuss how the Committee’s concerns can be jointly addressed in order to speed up the planning process and ensuring that sporting facilities are appropriately maintained.
Proposal SE/16/03272/KCCRG3 (KCC/SE/0273/2016) - Stand-alone teaching block to provide three new classrooms and associated facilities, new entrance lobby to existing school and expansion of car park at Edenbridge Primary School, High Street, Edenbridge PDF 2 MB
(1) Mr C R Pearman was present for this item pursuant to Committee Procedure Rule 2.27 and spoke. He also addressed the Committee as a representative of Edenbridge TC. Mr Lee Carroll from Bailey Partnership spoke in reply.
(2) The Head of Planning Applications Group informed the Committee that Edenbridge TC supported the proposal.
(3) In agreeing the recommendations of the Head of Planning Applications Group, the Committee added an Informative that the applicants should consider installing PV panels on the roof of the main school building.
(4) RESOLVED that theapplicationbe referred totheSecretary of State for CommunitiesandLocal Governmentandthat subject to his decision:-
(a) permission be granted to the proposal subject to conditions, including conditions covering the standard 5 year timelimit; the development beingcarried out in accordance with thepermitteddetails; the submissionandapprovalof detailsofallconstructionmaterialstobe used externally; the submissionof arevisedSchoolTravelPlanpriortooccupationofthenew classroombuildinganditsongoingreviewviathe‘Jambusters’systemfor5 years with the monitoring results being postedon theschool’swebsite; thesubmissionof aConstructionManagementPlan,providingdetailsof (amongst othermatters)timesofaccesstothesite(toavoidschoolpeaktimes) ... view the full minutes text for item 10.
RESOLVED to note matters dealt with under delegated powers since the last meeting relating to:-
(a) County matter applications;
(b) County Council developments;
(c) Screening Opinions under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011; and
(d) Scoping Opinions under the Town and Country Planning (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 2011.