1. To expand Palmarsh Primary School to 1FE;
2. To authorise the Director Infrastructure in consultation with the Interim General Council to enter into any necessary contracts/ agreements on behalf of the County Council;
3. To authorise the Director Infrastructure to be the nominated Authority Representative within the relevant agreements and to enter into variations as envisaged under the contracts. Variations to contract value to be no more than 10% above the capital funding agreed by the Cabinet Member without requiring a new Record Of Decision: and
4. To authorise the Corporate Director - Education and Young People's Services to issue Public Notice to expand the school.
The project is in line with Kent strategies and in particular the following Supporting Outcomes:
· All children and young people are engaged, thrive and achieve their potential through academic and vocational education
· Kent young people are confident and ambitious with choices and access to work, education and training opportunities
The costs to this project will be outlined in the report that will be considered by the Education and Young People’s Services Cabinet Committee.
Any legal implications will be explained in the report to the Cabinet Member prior to him taking his decision.
Equality Implications: An Equality Impact Assessment will be produced before the start of the consultation process and will be accessible on line via the following link:
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings of more than £1m;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 09/12/2016
Decision due: Not before 6th Jan 2017 by Cabinet Member for Children, Young People and Education
Reason: to allow publication on the FED for 28 days
Lead director: Keith Abbott
Department: Education & Young People's Services
Contact: David Adams, Director of Education 03000 414989 Email: email@example.com Tel: 01233 898559.
The expansion is highlighted in the Commissioning Plan for Education Provision In Kent 2016-2020. This document was discussed at Education & Young People’s Services Cabinet Committee on 15 December 2015 and was endorsed by the Cabinet Committee on the 21 March 2016.
The school held an Education Consultation on the proposed enlargement in September 2016. A pre-planning consultation was also held in the Autumn of 2016.
Financial implications: David Adams Area Education Officer – South Kent 03000 414989 firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal implications: 16/00114