Proposed decision – To award a contract to Liquidlogic for 7 (5+1+1) years for the provision of case management systems within Integrated Children’s Services and Disabled Children’s Services
• Reason for the decision
- The contract end date of the current contract is March 2021, so a new contract needs to be in place for April 2021.
- It is recommended that Kent reprocures Liquidlogic’s systems for Integrated Children’s Services and Disabled Children’s Services with a contract end date aligned to the system used in Adults (to support a coordinated approach to future contract awards), and continues to host the system internally, but moves the hosting to the Microsoft Azure cloud, in line with KCC’s cloud-first ICT strategy.
- Re-procuring with Liquidlogic ensures ongoing system functionality and stability, which supports Kent to fulfil its statutory safeguarding duties.
• Background – Provide brief additional context
- Liquidlogic’s LCS system (named Liberi in Kent), was implemented in 2013 and went live in December 2013. The Liquidlogic suite has been added to extensively over the last six years and is used across all of children’s social care, intensive early help, and disabled children’s services. It is well established and well used.
• Options (other options considered but discarded)
- External hosting by the supplier was considered but discarded on the basis of risk and cost
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: Expenditure or savings of more than £1m;
Decision status: For Determination
Division affected: (All Division);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 15/12/2020
Anticipated restriction: Part exempt - View reasons
Decision due: Not before 13th Jan 2021 by Cabinet Member for Integrated Children's Services
Reason: In order that the proposed decision can be published for a minimum of 28 days, in accordance with statutory requirements
Lead member: Cabinet Member for Integrated Children's Services
Lead director: Stuart Collins
Department: Education & Young People's Services
Contact: Katherine Atkinson, Assistant Director, Management Information and Intelligence, Integrated Children's Services Telephone number: 03000 417013.
Financial implications: - Total Liquidlogic contract value over the 7 years exceeds £1million - The annual licence costs are funded by ICT Commissioning, as the budget moved to them when their centralised service was established.
Legal implications: - Contract award will be made using direct award against the CCS Framework, which is in line with the framework terms and conditions.
Equalities implications: - An EqIA has been undertaken. No significant issues have been highlighted, and risks are low, as there is no change to the information that is recorded, the way it is recorded, or the software on which it is held.